Tuesday, September 24, 2013

A year ago today...

A year ago today, I was sitting in an airport trying to figure out what I was about to experience. I was putting myself way out of my comfort zone to do what God has called me to do. I boarded a plane for the first time ever and traveled 1,000's of miles across the world to an amazing country called, Swaziland. 
      My life was turned upside down...for the better that is. I went into this journey "thinking" about what I was about to see and experience. But the facts that I tried to prepare myself with wasn't enough. God broke me in so many ways as soon as I stepped on that red dirt.
      I never cried so much in my life than I did in my short time there. I now know the true meaning of life. I've learned not to sweat the small things. I know my purpose in life. I discovered that I felt more at home there than back here in the states. 
       I miss the people. I miss the relationships that were developed with the people on my team/people who live there. I miss the mountain view every where I look. I miss the coffee(best ever!!). I miss the random TIA moments that will make no since to anyone. I miss worshiping in another language. I miss the simpleness of things. 
                                     I. Miss. Everything!
     I never understood the passion that God gave me for Africa until I got there. I never thought I could fall more in love with the place and the people but I did. It is so beautiful and all of the people I came in contact with were amazing and so sweet. I didn't want to leave. Like I cried and cried and cried some more. No matter where I go or live, Africa will always be my home.
    I am so thankful that God allowed me to live out a dream He gave me when I was 14, a dream that I never ever thought would come true. God is soooo good and beyond faithful. I am so excited to be headed back to Africa in 2014. It can't get here fast enough.

   There's a saying by Dave Ohlerking, who is the founder of children's cup-
                   "Once you go to Africa, you will go back in your mind 
                                           everyday the rest of your life." 

      
And it is so true, theres not a day that goes by that goes by that I don't think about my time there.


           My heart longs to be back there.....

                                Xoxo,
                          Kalin RenĂ©e 

No comments:

Post a Comment