Wednesday, April 9, 2014

My journey to a healthy lifestyle...


  Throughout the years I've always struggled with my weight. I would lose a few pounds here and there but was never really able to keep it off. I would gain it back plus some.. During my senior year of high school I went through a few things in my personal life. And would turn to food when I was depressed. 
   In 2013, I found myself in a place of embarrassment to be around people. I didn't like going places or even dressing cute. I literary wore sweat pants and big shirts everyday. In July '13, someone I follow on Instagram was having an Advocare Mixer in our area and invited me. I blew her off because I didn't want to be involved in the whole "advocare fad" everyone seemed to be doing. But she kept reaching out to me and gave me a few samples of Spark. Even tho I liked it, I still wasn't for it. But after 2 months of thinking about it and researching about it, I figured I would give it a try. 
  So in September '13 my mom, dad, and myself started our journey with Advocare and started the 24 day challenge. It was amazing! I had a TON of energy, lost 7.5 pounds and 10 inches! Over the next few months I was able to keep the pounds off and even lose a few more, and yes even through the holiday season! ;)
  Fast forward to March '14, me along with my parents and two of my neighbors did a group challenge. I was SO pumped going into my second challenge. Through the cleanse phase I found myself hungrier than the last time, but I felt amazing. This challenge I didn't lose as much as I hoped too but I'll take the 5 pounds lol.
 Today I am so thankful I tried Advocare. I feel the best I've felt in years! The products are amazing and super yummy! And trust me I wouldn't advertise a product I didn't believe in. I know how to eat healthier and that a cheat day here and there is okay. Oh and I'm not addicted to Dr. pepper anymore.. Since my first challenge I've lost 18 pounds total!! Which is a huge deal for me! I'm so excited to finish my journey to a healthier lifestyle. If you have any questions about advocare please feel free to email me at: kalin.cates[at]yahoo[dot]com. I would love to help you. And remember Advocare isn't a diet, it's a lifestyle. 
                          Below are pictures from my challenge:
                     First challenge-Sept 2013
             Second challenge-March 2014
                    2012 vs 2014

                                              Be a champion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment