Monday, February 4, 2013

Sweet memories..

It's been 124 days since I came back from Africa.
I never understood my passion for a place I've never been
until I stepped on that red dirt on a cool September evening,
being welcomed with open arms and smiles from ear to ear.
It still feels like a dream that I am going to wake up from 
at any moment.
But I have to remind myself that I was there.

Africa has been extra heavy on my heart the past few days.
I literally fell in love with every. single. thing.
in my short time there.
I miss everything and everyone so much.

I wanted to share a story that has been "flashing" through my mind.

On Thursday and Friday of my trip we spent our time at the
Mbekelweni Care Point.
I loved all the kids there, but sweet Nona stole my heart.
She was attached to my side the two days there.
On the Thursday we got to know all of them
see how they did school
and
we dished their lunch.
After that we went on with our day and went back later that evening
and gave them sweeties and stickers.
Friday we only spent maybe an hour or so with them that morning then went to GLA, ect..
As we were driving up at the care point that evening 
all the kids were running up to the van to greet us.
I will never ever forget Nona's face when she spotted me
through the window.
Her face lit up with an overwhelming joy
and the biggest smile you will ever see.
It was like I couldn't get out the van fast enough.
Once I got out she jumped into my arms to give me
a huge hug and a kiss on the cheek.
After that she said the words
"I love you!"
in clear english.

It kinda reminded me of the Fathers love for us.
He has an overwhelming love for us.
No matter how often we may fail Him,
His love never changes.

Here lately I've been going through some personal things in my life.
So thankful that God can remind me of His love for us through the
little things.

Heres a picture of me and sweet Nona<3

No comments:

Post a Comment